Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beauty Rest??? Not in my house!!!

It's only 11:00 am and I am already considering a nap. My husband, bless his beautiful heart, is not the easiest person to sleep with. If he isn't talking gibberish (yes he does and I've had conversations with him!! Funniest thing I've ever seen!!) he is ripping the covers off of me or snoring extremely loudly!! I am the farthest thing from a deep sleeper so every noise, aside from the ones I'm used to, wake me up instantly and keep me awake. Needless to say I got out of bed this morning, stumbled into the bathroom and glanced into the mirror and saw the scariest thing I've ever encountered. ME!!! Baggy & bloodshot eyes as well as indents on my cheeks from where the covers had been. I somehow got myself down stairs to my computer where I started to work and here I am 3 hours later but still EXTREMELY tired!! Some of you are thinking "Drink some caffeine!!" but what other ways can we start the morning, and gain some energy to pave a successful day??

- First off DON'T SKIP BREAKFAST!! Guilty as charged!! I very rarely ever eat breakfast. Mostly because I don't give myself enough time in the morning to get up and eat. But what's it doing to me by not eating breakfast? Skipping meals will throw your metabolism off balance causing you to gain fat and lose energy...DING DING!! Skipping breakfast also means your blood sugar will be low in the morning and your energy levels will be down. Eat your breakfast ladies!!!! I will if you will deal?!

- Exercise. My arch nemesis! I have a love hate relationship with exercise. I love doing it but I always have the mentality that I don't have time OR that I'll do it tomorrow...biggest lie I usually tell myself!! But when you exercise in the morning what does it do for you?? Not only do you instantly shake off that tired feeling, you feel more alive and it gets your heart pumping!! Naturally giving you energy and feeling like you can take on the day.

-Spritzing the face!! I always like to get up and wash my face right away!! Especially by using cold water it instantly wakes me up. BRRRRR!! But it works!!

-Refuel with a snack that works!! It's a few hours later and you are hungry but want to keep the energy up?? Instead of eating candy or drinking caffeine go with the more natural alternative and you won't crash a few hours later!! Have an apple, or banana, grapes or even a yogurt!! Who doesn't love fresh fruit??

-More then anything GET TO BED EARLY!!! In my case I actually did! I feel asleep at 10pm along side my beautiful sleeping husband. Needless to say my slumber was only temporary because of my "active sleeper". I know that for me it's completely beneficial to go to bed early because I myself wake up a lot easier! Granted as long as I get adequate sleep :)

These are obviously just a few things to find fuel in the morning but what do YOU think?? If anyone has an other ideas comment and let us know we would LOVE to hear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment